Sunday 11 September 2016

'Being in debt doesn't make me less of a person,' says Penny Lebyane


Penny Lebyane explains that being a well-known personality does not exempt her from life's challenges, such as having debt.
This comes in the wake of reports claiming that she had to part ways with some of her furniture recently, after it was sold off at an auction in the Randburg Sheriff's office to repay a debt of R65 830.
Sunday Sun reported, last week, that the TV and radio personality defaulted on a rental agreement with Fiona Hudgson’s company, Hudfam CC in 2013, before she was taken to the Randburg Magistrate’s Court the following year.
According to the local publication, Penny owed approximately R65 830, and despite making payments towards her debt, the sheriff of the court sold some of her personal goods at an auction in order to settle her debt.
However, speaking to Move, Penny claimed that reports of her debt weren't entirely accurate.
"What was reported in the newspapers is different from what I know," she revealed.
Some of Penny's goods that were reportedly sold include a four-piece bedroom suite, double-door fridge, washing machine, seven-piece dining room suite, gas heater, three TVs, microwave, dishwasher and coffee table.
"We all have debts. It's such a pity that when I'm in debt, it makes headlines. I choose not to live in a bubble - I'm just like everyone else," she retorted, before pointing out that she isn't shameful about having gone through her latest financial woe publicly.
"I don't have any shame about this, because I'm a realist. I would rather talk about what I am going through openly, because one thing I know is that skeletons have their own way of coming out. I like to deal with issues head-on."
Penny further explained that being in debt doesn't make her "less of a person."

"I'm human too."

0 comments:

Post a Comment